Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If summer's over, don't let me know



I feel like every post I make starts with an explanation as to why I haven't been blogging consistently. I'm not really sure how frequently I am going to update this blog anymore. I like blogging, but I feel like I started this blog at a time in my life when I felt super out of control of my life - when I felt incredibly alone and inarticulate. I've always had a lot of trouble getting outside of my own head, which maybe I guess sort of both helped and hindered my blogging, but lately I've been feeling so much better in my life. I'm not saying I'm not going to blog anymore (don't worry, you 26 whole followers, you!) but I'll just see. I've actually got real friends now for the first time in a long time and I think I've actually been out every single day this past week!

This summer is what I would definitely classify as a weird one - I moved to a small town of like 4000 people for three months and I've just had my first week back in the "big city". I really liked the job I had working with kids in the small town, but I don't think I could ever live there forever, that's for sure. I didn't have an internet connection because I was living with my 95 year-old grandpa who doesn't even know what the internet is and I also didn't really have any access to cool clothes there. Or at least clothes that make me feel totally rad. And the truth is I would have been scared to wear them. It turned out to be a pretty rough place, so anything that might draw extra attention to you increased your likelihood of scary people hassling you. Needless to say I am so happy to be back in the city and am taking advantage of the freedom to express myself now, that's for sure.

I'm also really feeling 70s vibes lately. I pretty much spent every night this summer holed up in my room watching Freaks and Geeks, Almost Famous and Dazed and Confused. I find that they all kind of work with the theme of 'transitions' which has been consuming my mind all summer. Also, the style in these movies just makes me so happy. It's sad to say that the summer is coming to an end, but I'm also excited because I'm going to be going to art school in the fall and I've got some pretty awesome and accepting friends to start a 'new' year off with. I'm going to be camping at a goddess festival this weekend, so with any luck I'll have pictures of that soon :)

1 comment:

  1. oh no...you basically just made me bust out the Almost Famous VHS.

    ReplyDelete